I couldn’t find a new post for this, it was on Shelfari and so I am listing my books here and a little about the challenge. I found the post. To read the official rules and sign up for this challenge please click here.
- Pick 12 books – one for each month of 2009 – that you’ve been wanting to read (that have been on your “To Be Read” list) for 6 months or longer, but haven’t gotten around to.
- OPTIONAL: Create a list of 12 “Alternates” (books you could substitute for your challenge books, given that a particular one doesn’t grab you at the time)
- Then, starting January 1, 2009, read one of these books from your list each month, ending December 31, 2009. :o)
- (orginal time frame was Jan08 to Dec08)
Here are my first 12 books:
- Bind, Torture, Kill: The Inside Story of BTK – Roy Wenzl, Tim Potter, L. Kelly, Hurst Laviana
- Cold Eyes – Romina Wilcox
- Bronx DA: True Stories from the Sex Crimes & Domestic Violence Unit – Serena Straus
- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind
- Makioka Sisters – Jun’ichiro Tanizaki
- A Three Dog Life – Abigail Thomas
- The Daughters of Juarez: A True Story of Serial Murder South of the Border – Teresa Rodriguez
- The Interpretation of Murder: A Novel – Jed Rubenfeld
- Catcher in the Rye- J. D. Salinger
- Petty Treason: A Sarah Tolerance Mystery – Madeleine E. Robins
- Point of Honour (Sarah Tolerance) – Madeleine E. Robins
- The Tenderness of Wolves – Stef Penney
And here are my ‘alternates’.
- The Virgin of Small Plains – Nancy Pickard
- The Magician’s Assistant – Ann Patchett
- The Patron Saint of Liars – Ann Patchett
- Run – Ann Patchett
- Prospero’s Daughter – Elizabeth Nunez
- My Lover’s Lover – Maggie O’Farrell
- The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox – Maggie O’Farrell
- Love in the Time of Cholera – Gabriel García Márquez
- The Cement Garden – Ian Mcewan
- The Comfort of Strangers – Ian Mcewan
- Cold Eyes – W.R. “Mac” McGuffin
- Water for Elephants: A Novel – Sara Gruen
I am not saying this is the order I am reading them in, just that I plan to read 12 of these books. Or maybe all, some of these books also qualify for other challenges I am doing.