I got the name Bella because my grandfather called me Suzabell. I use that as a username and my friends on the site started calling me Bella. Thus was born: Bella Foxx’s Life, now known as just a city girl.
I am allergic to practically everything: grass, trees, weeds, animal dander, dust, mold, wheat, apples, nuts, fish and coconut. The fish and coconut are so serious I carry an Epi-pen and wear a Medic-Alert bracelet.
I like to express my creativity in many ways (check out my blog KNITTING WITH A CITY GIRL started 17 April 2008) jewelry, poetry, cross stitch and knit. I sew, I don’t really enjoy it, but I enjoy the clothes. I like to read the Bible, books, magazines, online newspaper articles, blogs, jokes on candy wrappers, ads on the subway, billboards, backs of food boxes, lists of ingredients and recipes, cleaning directions, sayings on shirts. And I write silly stories: Scribbling city girl.
I started a blog Bella is reading . . . on 17 November 2008 to have a place to review the books I read, it is now this blog, Will blog for free books, where I review books, restaurants and movies. I post my reviews here, on Library Thing and Goodreads. Click on this link to read what my ratings are.
Some things you may not know, or want to!
(1) I live in New York City.
(2) More then half the time I don’t know what I am doing.
(3) I am scared of life sized stuffed animals, especially the 5 foot tall Elmos in Time Square (yes there is more then one).
(4) I have tattoos. A butterfly on the back of my right shoulder, hummingbird on the back of my left shoulder, design work and two roses and two hearts around my left ankle and a couple more.
(5) If my mother knew I had tattoos she would probably kill me, or never speak to me again, I am hoping for the later.
(6) Actually I hope she never finds out because then my father would probably never send me another computer.
(7) I have been a Yankee fan for as long as I can remember (since I first saw Catfish Hunter pitch). Lately I have become obsessed.
(8) I have 14 piercings.
(9) My favorite books are true crime. Mainly serial killers. Also books on profiling and forensic science.
(10) In addition to the blogs mentioned above I have 2 sports blogs. What can I say, I am collector. Ice dreams about my adventures learning the sport of hockey and The Foxx Loves the Yankees. I haven’t updated the hockey one since 2015. Le sigh.
(11) My hands are so small I can reach to the bottom of a Pringles® can.
(12) I only like purple(grape) Skittles®.
(13) I don’t like grape(purple) Jolly Ranchers®, go figure.
I will be back later to add to this list. Stay tuned, you might learn something you never wanted to hear!
Lets Go METS! No, just kidding. I have an autographed Catfish Hunter baseball from back in the day. My dad lived in NYC for awhile. I never know what I’m doing. If I could reach to the bottom of a Pringles can, I would be content for life. Tree pollen kicks my butt. I want to hack down every Bradford pear tree I see, this time of year. I live in small town Oklahoma, but please don’t judge me… I’m one of maybe 2 liberals in this whole backwards state. Just thinking about jolly ranchers makes my teeth hurt. I don’t do the facebook thing[creeps me out], but you seem like someone I could be friends with. How about Belladonna? I like that one as well. I have a weird fascination with serial killers as well, even though I won’t kill so much as a spider. Anyways… I’m done rambling, I guess. As we say here in the plains states, “Holler at me”. Derek Green
1.) Color Scheme…
2.) […]example of a color scheme that I would like for my sites…
Thank you for your book review. It is greatly appreciated.