This challenge is by Marie at Reading My Way Through Life.
My aim with making this challenge is to have as random a challenge as possible but still having some sort of guideline to work from. Yes, I’m weird, I know.
Even the length of the challenge is random! Well, it starts on September 1st, but how long it lasts depends on how long your name is.
Confused yet? No reason to be, just hang on, and I’ll explain it all.
1) Write down your first name (or whatever name you usually go by)
2) Do any or all of the following (i.e. do 2a and/or 2b and/or 2c):
2a) For each letter, pick an author whose last name starts with that letter.
2b) For each letter, pick an author whose first name starts with that letter.
2c) For each letter, pick a book that starts with that letter.
3) Books can be cross-overs from other challenges, but each book can only be used once in this challenge. Authors may be repeated though.
4) The challenge lasts one month per letter of your name
5) Sign up by commenting to this post.
The books can be read in any order and the list changed at any time during the challenge.
I am just starting this now so I am not signing up on her blog. It is just going to be a personal goal for me. Here is my list of books.
S – Bronx DA: True Stories from the Sex Crimes & Domestic Violence Unit – Serena Straus
U – The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
Z – My Life as a Traitor: An Iranian Memoir by Zarah Ghahramani
I – The Cement Garden or The Comfort of Strangers – Ian Mcewan
B – Interrupted Aria – Beverle Graves Myers
E – Prospero’s Daughter – Elizabeth Nunez
Behind a Mask – Louisa May AlcottRead 4/3/2009
L – City of Light – Lauren Belfer
Cat Among the Pigeons by Agatha ChristieRead 1/16/2009
I’m game! I will do “2a”. Will get a post written up about it right now. Great ideal.